Tuesday, February 27, 2007

An agent's life

Many of you may have already read this, but I've only been reading literary agent Rachel Vater's blog since early December, and so this older post of hers (from last October) was new to me. It covers her daily life, and I found it extremely poignant. To all those aspiring authors who despair over their mound of form letter rejections, I think this is a useful look at the other side. I can see why assistants would become a non-negotiable necessity for agents once they have a client list of a certain size.

This underscores the importance of a strong query package more than ever for me. I've been working on my query letter a lot over the past few days (in case I get rejections from the agents I currently have queries out with), and now I'm even more glad I've been revisiting it.

No comments: