Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Made it... barely.

Just a quick post, today. I took yesterday off for a family event, so no progress then. Today was your typical Monday, but I managed to get a lot done today despite that. Tonight it took me four hours to write my four pages (two hours for the first, an hour for the second, and an hour for both the third and fourth together), and I also made minor revisions to my work from Saturday. I really didn't think I was going to make my goal, but somehow I managed to pull myself into the swing of things at long last, and I did.

That would be a rewarding feeling, if I wasn't so exhausted. But I know I'll appreciate it more tomorrow -- and even more so, I'll appreciate this sort of thing in aggregate, because if I let nights like tonight stop me, then I'm likely to get stuck for days. My hope is that by having pushed through a tough scene tonight, tomorrow's scene will flow easily. That's been the tentative pattern so far, but I don't necessarily trust it to hold up indefinitely.

Oh yes, and I broke 40,000 actual words today! Anyway, that's all for now. Time to get some rest...

The stats as of today:
-34,750 estimated words.
-40,376 actual words.
-Almost-six fully-revised-and-expanded chapters (75 pages total).
-Almost-eleven completed chapters in all (139 pages).

2 comments:

Karen Mahoney said...

Hey, well done on breaking that 40K barrier. Nice work, especially when you found the going so tough this time.

Christopher M. Park said...

Thanks!