Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Some days you win...

Some days you win the battle with yourself, some days you don't. Today I only completed two pages of work, though I did spend an hour making some slight adjustments to yesterday's work (that shouldn't have taken an hour, but it speaks to the state of mind I was in). Today was exhausting, and I was just too distracted to get as much done as I would have liked. I also wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with the scene I'm rewriting, and that never helps. I'll be better prepared next time. Tomorrow will be better, I'll make sure of it. Publicly airing both my successes and failures is a help, actually.

The stats as of today:
-31,000 estimated words.
-35,751 actual words.
-Almost-four fully-revised-and-expanded chapters (57 pages total).
-Ten completed chapters in all (124 pages).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,
Well, it sounds to me like you're winning over here! You're making progress, and that's all that counts, right?
Thanks for coming by my LJ (yeah, I sneaked back there... *g*) recently. Sorry I've been lax in getting back to you, replying, posting over here... I've been really ill with a nasty virus/infection thing. I *think* I'm finally improving now.
Anyway, good to see you're writing.
Take care,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I just read further down and *really* admire your 4-pages a day (for 20 days per month) goal. It's great that you're feeling creative and things are flowing. Keep it up!

Christopher M. Park said...

Hi Karen,

No worries on getting a bit out of touch. I've been slacking off on commenting on everybody's blogs, too, for a variety of reasons (life stuff, and writing). I know this sort of thing kind of comes in waves.

Sorry to hear you've been feeling under the weather, though. Glad to hear its apparently getting better.

Thanks for the kind words about my new goal! I realized that I was just getting nowhere fast otherwise, and it basically boiled down to the fact that I just needed to make myself sit down and write. Now I'm doing that, more days than not at least, so hopefully I'll be able to keep it up.

Hope you feel better soon! And, I'll be hanging around your blog again, now that I know where it is. ;)

Chris